Assuming I’m going for my current stop motion proposal, I have started to plan how the set will look and be constructed.
I have considered styling the animation ad creepy with dark, dusty hallways and rooms with a creepy The Sandman type character (see previous post).
– wooden set raised a bit to allow characters to be screwed onto it from beneath
– three wall set plus
– breakaway walls to allow variety of shots
– Victorian styling with crumbling ornaments
– worn, dusty carpets: use a rough brillo pad to ‘damage’ the material, sprinkle icing sugar for dust, fray material and sew in fragments
– wallpaper: try to fade the material somehow. Use selotape etc to tear the paper